Every year, a random person on Earth is struck by lightning and gains superpowers.
Each new superhuman is twice as powerful as the previous one.
This has been going on for ten years.
Read from top to bottom.
Today in Fine Structure...
- Unbelievable scenes
- On Digital Extremities
- Power Of Two
- Crushed Underground
- The Astronomer's Loss
- Indistinguishable from magic
- Paper universe
- Two killed in "transporter accident"
- The Four-Dimensional Man
- 1970- (subdirectory)
- Failure Mode
- The Story So Far
- Leaving The Real World
- Oul's Egg (subdirectory)
- Fight Scene (subdirectory)
- least significant bits
- 'Verse Chorus
- this was supposed to be a parable about the power of the imagination
- Worth Dying For (subdirectory)
- There Was No Leak
- The Chaotician
- this is not over and I am not dead
- Endworld (subdirectory)
- Science Fiction Future
- Some notes on Fine Structure so far (2008-05-04, just after The Story So Far)
- Concepts of Fine Structure
- The Making Of Fine Structure
- God Squared (early "special effects test")
- Take The Stars (eventually became The Astronomer's Loss)
- Marooned (deleted from Science Fiction Future)
- Second Klick box "could have killed millions" (follows Kosogorin's scene in this is not over and I am not dead)
- The Fine Structure Negative Feedback Thread
- The Fine Structure Positive Feedback Thread
- The Fine Structure Q&A
- Fine Structure (PDF, 1.60MiB) transcribed by AlmightyFjord
- Fine Structure (PDF, 857kiB) transcribed by Duncan Townsend
- Fine Structure (EPUB, 313kiB) transcribed by Daniel Vollmer
- Fine Structure (MOBI, 426kiB) transcribed by David R
- "Unbelievable scenes" by James Bovill
- "Power Of Two" by James Bovill
- "Crushed Underground" by James Bovill