Well, I have now plumbed in a primitive commenting system.
There are some restrictions on account of PHP/MySQL badgery being my fulltime job, so working on my site is more like work than play now, so I can't be bothered to make it more sophisticated.
- There is no registration system. Currently you just put whatever name you like in.
- Except "sam", which is reserved for me.
- No HTML. Line breaks will be interpreted as line breaks. If you want to emphasise something, put it in *asterisks* or _underscores_ or CAPITALS. HTML input sanitisation is unbelievably complex.
- A certain prerequisite amount of mathematical knowledge is required to post.
- Posts cannot be edited or deleted by anybody but me, so make sure you get it right first time.
- I reserve the right to delete any and all comments at any time without warning or explanation, because this is not a democracy or a free speech zone, it's my website. Comments must meet a certain threshold of coherence and insight to be approved, dig?
- As for now comments are only permitted on this page and the Fine Structure story pages, which is where I think people are most desperate to start a discussion.
Play nice and I may see fit to implement further toys.