Those of my readers who attend Corpus Christi College may be delighted to know that the fire alarm that went off in New Court today was due to me. I was cooking a pizza in the E staircase oven when it started emitting smoke. This confused me immensely because my pizza wasn't burning - or even fully cooked yet. The lack of any kind of decent ventilation in the kitchen didn't help either. Ho hum.

Anyway, for the benefit of anybody who's curious as to what happens when you do something like that: basically you go to the Porters' Lodge and fill in a form saying what happened. Which is rather nice compared to some kind of fine.

Back to Blog
Back to Things Of Interest